Oak Forest New Home Prices-1st Q 2016
Sales of Oak Forest homes this past quarter totaled 76 homes, and almost a fourth of these were new homes.
The table below gives a summary of these new homes sales. Resale homes will be covered in a future post.
|Oak Forest New Construction 1st Q 2016|
|# Sold||$ Range||Size-SF||Lot-SF||$/SF||DOM**||LP/SP***|
Avg. 3745 SF
Avg. 7400 SF
|**DOM=Days on Market|
Meaningless for new homes
|***LP/SP = ratio of list price to sales price|
The data above isn’t a whole lot different than the New Home Prices at the end of 2104.
The subdivision lots cannot be subdivided, so new homes are built big for the big lots. There are currently 54 big new homes on the market and 16 of these are pending, so sales are still good.
There are a couple of projects near Oak Forest with smaller homes on smaller lots. See my page on this neighborhood for an MLS Search function.
The two homes below show typical homes being built in the neighborhood.
If you are not familiar with the area see my pages below:
- Neighborhood Page with history, location, description of neighborhood and MLS Search.
- Garden Oaks Page with home search, history, description of this adjoining neighborhood.
- Timbergrove Manor/Lazybrook Homes are are 1940’s – 1950’s neighborhoods.
- A page devoted to several Areas Around the Heights.
- My Interactive Map of Heights Neighborhoods.