Sunset Heights is a booming area for new homes
Land prices here, like the rest of the Heights has jumped tremendously recently.
I have just listed 509 E 27th St for sale. Even though it has two houses on it, it is being sold for land value.
June 2014 Update: This property is sold. It was listed for $270K, but sold for $325K, which is $54/SF
This is a double lot, 25 x 120 ft each, for a total of 6000 SF. The asking price of $270,000 equals $45/SF land cost.
See my page on Sunset Heights Homes to see location, history, etc.
This property has two potential uses:
- Demolish everything and put up two new homes. Sunset Heights lots were platted in 25 ft lots, but typically sold in groups of 2 or 3. Thus the property does not have to be re-platted to put up 2 homes; it is already 2 lots. This will save a builder time and money that would otherwise be invested in re-platting (legally splitting a lot).
- The house is front needs way to much work to remodel (This might be a different story if it were Craftsman or Victorian style). However the small house in back was built in 2003 and is in great shape. The front house could be demo’d and this one left alone. Build a big new house in front and leave this as an office, or rental property. There is also the possibility of moving this house onto another lot. Independence Heights is the ideal location. This area is also starting (finally) to change.
Sunset Heights is one of many Heights neighborhoods. For more information on the Heights/Greater Heights please see the following pages:
- My Page on Sunset Heights Homes. This gives a description of this very hot neighborhood plus MLS Home Search
- My page on the Heights/Greater Heights, the one source for understanding the Heights
- Heights Historic Districts. Maps, locations, descriptions of 7 Heights historic districts
- Interactive Heights Map See how this jigsaw puzzle of neighborhoods fit together