What is the Heights market like? I just don’t have words to describe it. Frenzied would be best description.
I’ll just list some developments going on now:
- Homes I just sold a couple of years ago in the $500’s are now selling in the $800’s
- Land that I recently listed for $45/SF in Sunset Heights sold immediately for $54/SF
- There are no livable homes in the Heights for sale under $300k. A year ago you could get a cute bungalow for that.
- There are a lot of million dollar homes now in the Heights, and many more being built. See my recent post on Heights Luxury Homes
- Half-houses are everywhere. These are the houses (typically in historic districts where homes can’t be demolished) with the front half still standing, but the rear torn with a huge addition being built.
- Bulldozers are everywhere. These are no longer in selected areas, but in every corner of the Heights: individual lots in great areas, or big swaths where only warehouses were before…areas where no one would have thought of building two years ago.
- Builders are begging for land and buyers are frustrated by having to jump on homes immediately after comingion the market.
Look at some of these photos. Most I just took today. This is a tiny portion of what’s happening in the Heights market.
There is not a single part of the Heights untouched.
That’s it. That’s the Heights market.
For more information on Houston Heights please see:
- My Page on Houston Heights Homes The one source for understanding the Heights
- Heights Historic Districts. Maps, locations, descriptions of 7 Heights historic districts
- Interactive Heights Map See how this jigsaw puzzle of neighborhoods fit together
- Houston Heights New Home Prices 1st Q 2015 prices of new homes on smaller lots
- Resale Prices of Houston Heights Homes 1st Q 2015 price summary of resale home
Tags: Houston Heights