1845 Harvard is a restored/expanded home in Historic Heights East. This 4 minute slideshow gives views of the original house and shots during the renovation.
Renovating any old home is a work of love. Tackling a project of historical significance takes caring, a lot of knowledge, and a group of skilled, dedicated craftsmen. Add the complexity of doing this within a historic district and all of the (changing) rules and regulations within the Historic and Archeological Commission and the challenges grow.
Hopefully these before and after photos show some of the complexities of this stunning renovation by HDT Builders.
This house 4083 SF 3/3.5/2 house is available for sale at $1,245,000. See full details on HAR.com, MLS # 16778327.
There is still work to be done, shutters to be added, etc., but is is nearing completion.
For more information on Houston Heights please see:
- My Page on Houston Heights Homes The one source for understanding the Heights
- Heights Historic Districts. Maps, locations, descriptions of 7 Heights historic districts
- Interactive Heights Map See how this jigsaw puzzle of neighborhoods fit together
- Houston Heights New Home Prices 1st Q 2015 prices of new homes on smaller lots
- Resale Prices of Houston Heights Homes 1st Q 2015 price summary of resale home
Tags: Houston Heights